Who can join?
Membership of the Asian Society of Arachnology (ASA) is open to the public, general naturalists, hobbyists and researchers so long as they are interested in the study of Asian spiders, ticks, mites, scorpions, harvestmen, pseudoscorpions, whip spiders and other arachnids.
We welcome members from all over the world, not Asian countries alone.
What are the benefits?
Only registered members with individualized passwords will be able to access the following:
- Beginner’s guide to spider taxonomy, e.g., glossaries of technical terms and family and generic keys.
- Advice for beginners on identification procedures and taxonomic methodology.
- Advice on equipment for field collection, laboratory identification, macro-photography and photo-microscopy.
- Instructional material for beginners on collection, laboratory, macro-photography and photo-microscopy skills and techniques.
- Our online library containing certain research publications and other reference aids not in the public domain.
- Discussion forum for registered members only.
- Eligibility to vote for the ASA council, and to stand for election.
- Links to national or regional checklists.
Only registered members have voting rights to elect the ASA Council.
Only registered members can stand for election to the ASA Council.
What is the subscription?
Free for the moment.
How to register?
Please follow the instructions in the Home Page.
When does membership start?
Membership will start upon registration.
The duration and renewal procedure of membership will be announced later.
How to activate your account once you have registered?
When you register, an activation email is sent on your registered email account. Please click the link in the email; your member account is now active.
Note: Our email might get forwarded to the SPAM folder, hence you are advised to check it.